November 05, 2013

Thank You

I really wish I was was better at posting regularly. My problem is that I have a million ideas to blog about, but either I can't decide which one to start with or every idea includes photos, and I'm not very good when it comes to photo editing or taking good photos to begin with.

Today is a photo free post, but you can look forward (maybe) to some upcoming posts on some crocheted Christmas projects I'm working on. I'm so excited about them and can't wait to share them!

My point in writing today is to say “Thank you.” I started thinking about my last post with my additions to Logan's list on what we want you to know. As important as I think it was (and is) for others to know about how their words and actions can hurt us (us being those who struggle with infertility as well as help us, I want to focus today on how your words help us.

Over the past five years I have been exceptionally blessed by the prayers and encouraging words of so many people around me.

My in-laws' entire church pray for us on a regular basis.
My best friend and her friend (who I have only met once) pray for me on a regular basis.
My mother and her closest friend call each other and pray together for Steve and me every day.
A wonderful woman with whom we used to go to church and who has been through the infertility gamut already and still deals with PCOS, prays for me regularly and calls me occasionally to check and see how things are going.
Mothers of a few of my students, some who have also been through a similar battle, ask me how I'm doing and remind me constantly of their prayers for me.
Friends from college, high school, or even middle school, have contacted me through Facebook or my blog to let me know that they are praying for us and thinking about us.
Steve's friends, some of whom share our belief in Jesus and others who do not, have repeatedly reached out to us through prayer, encouraging words, or even offers of financial help.
I have one coworker whose son bought her a set of glasses I painted a few years ago. She uses those glasses as a reminder to pray for me regularly.
My sisters remind me often of their prayers for me.
My brother shows his support through encouraging conversations and actually being interested in the science behind IVF.
Both of my sisters-in-law show so much support in the way they listen and pray and deal with hearing me tell them often, “I think this could be the month.”
My Oma encourages us through her constant hope and trust that our prayers will be answered.
My junior high girls small group (they're all juniors and seniors in high school this year) continues to pray for us.
My townies are always willing to lend an ear, a shoulder, or a prayer.

I can't list all of the multitude of ways and people through whom Steve and I have been encouraged by and loved by through this trial (so please don't be hurt if I didn't mention you specifically; I have NOT forgotten what you have done for me, for us. I CANNOT forget it). It has very little to do with the words that have been said, and far more to do with the love in which they have been said. Without those prayers, that love, that encouragement, that listening ear or supportive shoulder, I would not have made it through these five years.


Thank you!


P.S. Speaking of my townies, please join me in praying for our friends Kristen and Andy as they also wait patiently for a little one from Ethiopa. Read all about on Kristen's blog Team Fuest.

3 comments:

  1. Lorena, I am soooo glad that you have such a tremendous support system. Those prayers, words of encouragement, check-ins and friendships are so crucial to maintaining perseverance and hope!

    Thank YOU so much for supporting Andy and I as well. It means so much to us.

    xo,
    Kristen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! It is just like God for Him to take something that is so frustrating and difficult, and use it to show us how much others really do love us, and how great He truly is. I'm praying for you still! (And I like the little changes you've made to your blog... very pretty!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Logan! I've been thinking about you lately and wondering how you're doing. Thanks for your prayers!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...