January 18, 2015

Cai Alexander: Two Months Old

Cai is two months old today, and it has been a wonderful two months. Seriously, we have the best baby ever. He is so easy going and happy. We are well aware that this may change, but as of right now, even his fussy times aren't super bad.


Cai is a very happy baby, especially first thing in the morning. I love laying him on the changing table and watching him stretch and then smile. He's still a very active baby. When I change his diaper, I lay a little baby washcloth on him to avoid being "anointed," but it's very difficult to keep that washcloth in place because he is SO wiggly sometimes!

He's also very strong. He holds his head up when held upright; I know I sound like a typical mom, but he looks much older than he really is just because he holds himself upright so well.

His two month well-baby check went well. He gained two pounds and eight ounces and grew two inches making him 11 lbs. 12 oz. and 23.5 inches long. It's amazing to me how proud I am knowing that he has grown because of the nourishment my body is providing for him. His baby acne has cleared up as well as his cradle cap. He still has that stubborn diaper rash from something I'm eating, but I'm still not sure what, and it's very mild compared to what it was awhile ago. We've found that putting organic unrefined coconut oil on it helps the most.


Christmas Day. This outfit is almost snug
now.


Cai is wearing 0-3 month clothing right now, although some of his little sleepers are getting a little snug already. This is absolutely crazy to me because the same outfits were comically large on him when he wore them on Christmas Eve.

Our little man is becoming quite "chatty." He coos and even squeals sometimes. I LOVE it. We have conversations all the time. The talking tends to come along with smiles and kicks, so it's great to watch! He's especially chatty and smiley during diaper changes.

Our little Houdini manages to break
out of his swaddle often
Cai continues to be a FABULOUS sleeper. Most night he gets up only once, if at all, usually between 4:30 and 6:30. I change him, feed him, and put him back to bed. In the beginning, I was so afraid that I was teaching him to only fall asleep by being nursed, but he wakes up on his own after I feed him and is usually quite alert when I leave the room, but he falls right back to sleep on his own. Some nights he sleeps through the night. Thursday night he slept from 9:00 to 7:00 then went back to sleep until 10:00. It was great! He also naps really well. I almost always lay him down awake and swaddled. Sometimes he'll lay quietly just looking around for a little while, but then he usually sleeps for 2-3 hours. He naps shortly after waking up in the morning until around 11:00 then usually goes down for another long nap around 1:00. After his second nap, he dozes off and on until bedtime. His most awake and alert time is between those two long naps. Right now, he naps in the cradle between the kitchen and the living room and sleeps in his crib in his room. So far he is a pretty sound sleeper. Last night I woke up because I could hear Cai making noises on the monitor (he is a VERY noisy sleeper). I heard him grunt loudly, then Steve, who was asleep next to me, made the same grunting noise. It's so funny to notice ways that they are alike.



I try to read to Cai often. We read a Bible story from The Jesus Storybook almost every night. We also read other books sometimes during the day. Sometimes he'll sit still for them and others not so much.

Cai enjoys listening to music with his daddy. One night last week, I had to drop something off at my parents house, so I drove up quickly and left Cai with Steve. When I walked in Steve "shushed" me because he had put Cai to sleep on his chest by listening to Thousand Foot Crutch and Smashing Pumpkins. Another evening Steve put on Pandora and the two of them danced to Coheed and Cambria. It's neat to see the two of them interacting that way, especially because I know it's frustrating for Steve when Cai tends to be fussier in the evening after he gets home from work.




Meeting his cousins!

This little onesie is packed away with all of his other newborn clothes :(



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...